A friend suggested I should keep a diary. She says she keeps one and it helps her to get her head round things when she feels life's running away.

So, I'm giving it a try....

Dear Diary,

Please would you help me get my head round a few things right now.

Yours sincerely

Louise


Saturday 31 July 2010

So here I am

Well here I am in Croyde, on the beautiful North Devon coast.  It is a lovely day.  There’s a light breeze frothing up the waves and the sea is dotted with surfers.  Katie and I have just been for a long walk up the coastal path as far as Baggy Point. We talked. Now she’s gone off to the surf school to help Simon sort out the wetsuits.  The three of us are meeting up tonight for a meal at The Thatch.
Katie said that she’d had a long talk with her dad.  Her dad had said that it was fine for her to move in with him, and they talked about the schools, and other practical things like how she would get to school, whether she was going to carry on with her dancing, whether she would want to spend some weekends with me, or part of the holidays. They’d talked about money and Simon had told her that they would have to be a bit careful, because his work was seasonal and so the money he earned in the summer had to last him through the winter as well.  She didn’t mention the cattle trucks.  She said she’d offered to try and get a Saturday job and Simon had said he could always use more help at the surf school.