A friend suggested I should keep a diary. She says she keeps one and it helps her to get her head round things when she feels life's running away.

So, I'm giving it a try....

Dear Diary,

Please would you help me get my head round a few things right now.

Yours sincerely

Louise


Wednesday 14 July 2010

You see...

You see, Katie says she wants to go and live with her dad.  She says I don’t need her anymore, now that I’m going to have a baby of my own.
I guess I can’t stop her.  It wouldn’t be right.  He is her Dad.  She spends a couple of weeks with him every summer and the odd weekend here and there.
Simon is good to her.  He treats her well.  I know she has a great time there.  But isn’t it different when it is forever?  Would he cope?  Would she cope?
Simon lives in Croyde, in North Devon.  He’s a surf instructor.  Well in the summer months anyway.  In the winter he drives for a haulage company.  We haven’t really talked about it much but I think he mainly drives cattle trucks.  How would Katie cope with that?  She’s a vegetarian. 
Anyway Katie is going to stay with her dad for two weeks from this Friday.  She’s going down on the train, but I’m driving down there to pick her up. So if she’s serious about it, she will talk to her dad and then we can discuss it when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment